PHM-SA has a Steering Committee which consists of volunteers only that are responsible for:
- Deciding the thematic work the organisation undertakes each year.
- Coordinating, planning and executing all the activities of the organisation together with employed staff.
- Ensuring that the organisation is governed in accordance with its constitution.
- Raising funds for PHM-SA.
The 2019 PHM-SA Steering Committee members are:
- Michelle Mzamo (Chair)
- Sinesipho Jojo (Deputy Chair)
- Melanie Alperstein (Secretary)
- Yonela Kentane (Deputy Secretary)
- James van Duuren (Deputy Secretary)
- Peter Benjamin (Treasurer)
- Leslie London
- Isaac Mangwana
- Nozibele Mdayi
- Elroy Paulus
- Louis Reynolds
- David Sanders
- Cleo Sawuti
- Kathryn Stinson
- Sindiswa Zibaya
- Michelle du Toit
- Nontutuzelo Hlafa
- Sivuyile Timakwe
- Catherine Mokotla
- Naadira Munshi
- Shehnaz Munshi